There was a little girl, Who had a little curl, Right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good, She was very very good, But when she was bad she was horrid.

Friday, October 27, 2006

Sparkle Goat

Tis true ladies and gents - I have a new job. Yey for me. It is not the job I applied of but a better one. Out of 40 resumes I rocked out the most so they offered me the position of 'Production Manager' which means I get to hang out the back of the shop and operate the brand spanking new 4-head embroidery machine. I am so excited to be surrounded by walls and have other people to work with and not have to deal with annoying customers all the time. They have plans to employ someone to operate the machine when the business takes off and I will end up in charge of them and get to focus predominantly on designing for embroider and screen printing. They're even going to send me to TAFE to learn some new graphic design programmes. I'm stoked. I have been thinking a lot about studying design but it just hasn't been a practical thing for me to do and now I have a job where they are going to pay me to do it - Yey!

I have, however, been overcome by a little bit of fear. The pay at the new job is $1 an hour less and 4 and a half hours less a week. This equates to around $80 a week less in my pocket in an average week. With mortgage repayments so close around the corner I'm freaking out a little bit but we will be ok. The benefits are that I am now full time so I will be paid for all those public holidays and sickies and I am also getting paid super. My pay will also go up after 3 months and then when I move into a supervisory role and I can expect bonuses. My boss here promised me all the those things here but I have just begun doubting his ability to deliver on them. The more capable I have proved myself to be the more responsibility he has loaded upon me but this responsibility does not come with any benefits. I am promised things when the store succeeds but the store doesn't succeed because he doesn't run it very well and he doesn't listen to me. Its farked and I am very grateful to be getting out of here, it is really starting to do my head in - I have been stressed, tired, frustrated and anxious on a daily basis for the past couple of moths and its time for new beginning. No more calling James crying in the middle of the day because I hate the job so goddamn much.


In response to my letter of resignation (the first I have ever written) the boss gave me a lecture on stealing customers and files relating to these customers - I told him that his customers drive me nuts and he can keep them. He then offered to sell me the store (he has Arab contacts who can help me with finance) to which I laughed and politely declined. He then told me he was disappointed and that he had such high hopes for me, I rolled my eyes and said 'whatever' (we were chatting over messenger at the time). Anyhoots the new job is at the sexy new EmbroidMe store opening up at Chermside along Gympie Road, just opposite Ray White. Pop in and visit sometime. Opening day and my starting day is the 6th of November. There are 5 sleeps until settlement!! Everything is running smoothly at this stage. Our house is almost all packed up. We/I decided that we're going to sand and polish our new floorboards ourselves. Yes I know that's crazy and yes I know its very hard and yes I know it won't look as good a pro job but the bottom line is that it will cost us around $1000. That's a lot of bucks right now and we need every cent. I can't wait to get in there and cut sick on the place. Our Home :) That is all I have to say for now except for 'be cool, stay in school'. Peace Out.

P.S. James and I are starting a band called Sparkle Goat. He is to provide the rhythm and I am to provide the stunning good locks back by my mind blowing interpretive dance. ROCK.

1 Comments:

Blogger NicNic said...

i did put paragraph breaks in this but it took them all out and i went back in and fixed it but its took them all out again and i'm to lazy to edit the html so you'll just have to cope :p

11:14 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home