There was a little girl, Who had a little curl, Right in the middle of her forehead. When she was good, She was very very good, But when she was bad she was horrid.

Monday, April 24, 2006

Me Again.

For the third time today (sorry guys) but JimBob and I have been compiling a list of Splendour suspects. We have done a bit of reasearch ie. looking into who will be Australia around that time and what not and come up with a pretty decent list. I think we may have guessed more acts than spots there are to fill but we shall see. For everyone we get right you give us ten dollars, capiche? It will go towards buying our tickets :p Here are our suspects, I have put in brackets what we have based our guesses on, if there are no bracket then it just because 'we say so'.


  • Coldplay (touring at the start of July)
  • Eagles of Death Metal (no tour dates at that time, just realeased a new album (Death By Sexy) and I just really want to see them, they are funny)
  • Youth Group (touring with Coldplay, sing that song on the OC)
  • Dallas Crane (new album, have been doing really shit tours lately that don't come anywhere near Brisbane)
  • Ben Lee (because he's Ben Lee, I don't make the rules folks)
  • The Grates (new album out and they are farking awesome, were at splendour last year and BDO this year and are sure to make another appearance)
  • Hilltop Hoods (compulsary Aussie Hip Hip representation)
  • Butterfingers (because they're always there)
  • John Butler Trio (as above)
  • Sarah Blasko (as above)
  • The Whitlams (new album and I think they would be awesome at splendour)
  • Parkway Drive (wankers but from Byron so maybe, I don't know how anyone growing up in Byron Bay turns out straight edge)
  • Tambalane (because I suggested Silverchair making a come back and James told me I was stupid, haha, he didn't really but I could tell he was thinking it)
  • Bernard Fanning/Drag/Powderfinger
  • Kate Miller-Hiedke
  • Xavier Rudd
  • The Vines
  • Decoder Ring
  • End of Fashion/After The Fall/Faker/Gyroscope/Eskimo Joe/Wolfmother (They're all the same aren't they? Hehe, I like them all but I am simple, I get confused.)

Other suggestions that failed to make the cut included John Farnham (for the last time), Jimmy Barnes and the Tin Lids, INXS, The Veronicas, Lee Harding, and Joel Turner and the Modern Day Poets (outside chance, haha - they were at BDO).

The Arctic Monkeys are touring around that time but those at Splendour Central said that they had tried to secure them but weren't successful in doing so. I do wonder if this is just a decoy though.

I also have a feeling that there is going to be a blast from the past, someone who was big in the 70's 80's or 90's. James says its the Hoodoo Guru's, I have no realistic guesses. Its not going to be Iggy because he was at BDO but that would be swell. I hope its AClightningboltDC but my secret bets are on Boney M, rofl, the doing the Bowlsy and RSL tour of Australia shortly so Byron Bay has a strong possibility of being en route. Maybe it will be Hunters and Collectors. I don't know.

If we are spot on with EODM and Dallas Crane I will probably be forking out the $160 (grudgingly). We'll see. feel free to post further suggestions in my comments. YEAH! Now all we have to do is wait for the Splendour F^&*ers to make their announcements. First should be this week. Second will be some time mid June I think.

Heeeeeeeeeeyar.

EDIT::Retraction on Coldplay and Youth Goup, they are in fact touring late June and JimBob got the dates all muddled. No idea on further international acts. Hmmmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home